25 Jun Project Engineer – Mechanical
We have an immediate opportunity for a Mechanical or similar engineer with some industry experience to join and contribute to the highly experienced ammjohn team.
ammjohn is a dynamic project engineering and management consultancy specialising in managing industrial projects. ammjohn provides technical services to the Australian
energy and resources sector with specific experience and skills in Minerals and Mining, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, and Power Generation Industries.
We are a multi-disciplined engineering company offering a comprehensive service that encompasses the entire project life cycle from pre-feasibility and construction, through commissioning to asset maintenance and optimisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Project Lead in the development of project scopes, schedules, and budgets, while ensuring agreement between project stakeholders
• Assist with the management of project deliverables, and outcomes
• Delegation of tasks to drafters or other subcontractors
• Assisting the development and review of datasheets, technical specifications, and standards
• Management of small projects
• Review of engineering drawings, including but not limited to, Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, layouts, isometrics, structural for completeness and correctness
• Assisting with development of project budgets, client orders, invoices and scope amendments, and other facets of project controls and reporting
• Some understanding and practice of Occupational Health and Safety
• Opportunity to travel for work
• Attend Safety-in-design workshops including HAZOP’s, HAZID’s as well as participate in constructability reviews
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
• Up to 5 years relevant industry experience (essential)
• Degree qualification in Mechanical engineering or similar
• Some experience managing small/medium projects
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong computer skills with high-level competencies in the MS suite
We can only consider Australian-based candidates with a right to work.
If you are interested to develop your project management career, ammjohn is keen to hear from you.
ammjohn offers competitive remuneration, a flexible work environment, and opportunities to progress your career with challenging and rewarding landmark projects across Australia.
This casual position seeks availability for 35-40 hours/week and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this arrangement further with shortlisted candidates.
We strive to lead the field in safe working conditions and are committed to a quality management program delivering service excellence and satisfying our client’s unique and varying needs.
Please apply promptly to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note, agency applications will not be accepted.