13 Apr Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are currently seeking a motivated professional and have opportunities for the right person to start immediately in Adelaide with some site travel to the Cooper Basin.
ammjohn is a dynamic project engineering and management consultancy specialising in managing industrial projects. ammjohn provides technical services to the Australian energy and resources sector with specific experience and skills in Minerals and Mining, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, and Power Generation Industries.
We are a multi-disciplined engineering company offering a comprehensive service that encompasses the entire project life cycle from pre-feasibility and construction, through commissioning to asset maintenance and optimisation.
ammjohn is looking for the expertise of a Senior Mechanical and/or Petroleum Project Engineer to join our team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of project scopes, budgets, while ensuring agreement between project stakeholders
- Development of project schedules
- Manage project deliverables, and outcomes
- Delegation of tasks to Junior Engineers, Drafters or other subcontractors
- Development and review of datasheets, technical specifications, and standards
- Development and review of engineering drawings, including but not limited to, P&IDs, layouts, isometrics, structural
- Excellent understanding of piping and pipeline systems, preferably with a background in upstream oil and gas
- Management of project budgets, client orders, invoices and scope amendments
- Assist and manage with HR requirements including performance reviews, interviews, hiring, and onboarding
- Liaise with external engineering contractors, and guide front end and detailed engineering
- Attend and develop design workshops, HAZOP, HAZID, and LOPA workshops; note facilitation by others
- Manage and oversee document control, design, tender, and construction processes
- Ensure that projects are completed to client specifications and standards as well as relevant International and Australian Standards
- Progress reporting
The following will be highly regarded:
- 5+ years’ relevant industry experience (essential)
- Degree qualification in Mechanical and/or Petrochemical Engineering
- Experience managing small/medium projects
- Experience in Mining and/or Oil and Gas industry (preferred)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills with high-level competencies in the MS suite
- Significant understanding and practice of Occupational Health and Safety
This casual position seeks availability for 35-40 hours/week over the project duration and we’d welcome the opportunity to discuss this arrangement further with shortlisted candidates.
We are only considering Australian based candidates with a right to work.
If you have relevant experience and skills, ammjohn is keen to hear from you.
ammjohn offers competitive remuneration, a flexible work environment, and opportunities to progress your career with challenging and rewarding landmark projects across Australia. We strive to lead the field in safe working conditions and are committed to a quality management program delivering service excellence and satisfying our client’s unique and varying needs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note, agency applications will not be accepted.
Please apply promptly to be considered for this role.